Monday, May 2, 2011

Quotes O' The Week

"Nowhere in Scripture do we see real gifts of the Spirit operating when someone is out of control or under some sort of supernatural seizure. Nowhere does the New Testament teach that the Spirit of God causes Christians to fall into a trance, faint, or lapse into frenzied behavior. On the contrary, 'The fruit of the Spirit is... self-control'."
John MacArthur - Charismatic Chaos

"God is dead"
Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead"
God

I don’t believe God does want this to happen. I don’t think it was ever God’s intention.
Franklin Graham on the Japan earthquake.

[Let’s hope he was quoted out-of-context or misquoted. Otherwise, we would conclude that he believes God didn’t want this to happen, but was unable to prevent it.]

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robert!

    I've always wanted to visit a church full of charismatics -- see the flying people. I would sit in the back to avoid collateral damage if someone flew off course.

    Oh man ... FG said that?

    Isa 45:7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things.

    Hope all is well with you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonja:

    Thanks for stopping by. The Graham quote is from the CNN religion blog. I think he probably spoke before he thought it through, but words do mean things, and a minister should take care what he says, particularly in a high profile.

    I thought he did, however, for the most part speak the truth the other night on O'Reilly's show regarding eternal punishment.

    ReplyDelete